Only the best courses of the highest quality make it through the screening process. Take a look at our standards for meeting your online education needs.
We know you want to grow.
Find out which institution is right for you.
Guide to Differentiated Instruction
Reduced assignments and segregated student groups are not the answer to the challenge of teaching a classroom of mixed level learners. In this unique program you will learn how to effectively pre-assess so that teaching strategies can be used that allow every student to participate in the same activity - but at different levels of complexity. You will be provided with numerous creative ideas that will allow you to differentiate your instruction by ability, learning style, student interests or a variety of other variables.
In the third module of this program you will have the unique opportunity to view differentiated instruction in action in real classrooms. Watch as master teachers implement many of the strategies and techniques suggested in earlier modules.
Produced in a clear practical style, this program highlights:
- The information that must be included in a pre-assessment to develop a valid and useful student learning profile
- Learn when tiered student groupings are the most effective way to differentiate
- Is your teaching pace a problem with some student? (in module IIE learn how to identify the optimum pace for each student)
- RAFTS, CUBES, Menus, and Literature circles are great ways to differentiate - learn how in module IV
- How compacting information, independent study and anchoring activities can help you effectively differentiate
- What is “student readiness?” - and why it might be the most important variable to consider when planning for differentiation.
7 hours of video
9.8 hours completion time
3 Multiple Choice Assessments
Optional Skill Building Activities
- Length: 1Year