Walden’s NEA Excellence in Public School Education FULL-TUITION Scholarship Program
Recipients of this scholarship must:
- Be a current NEA member.
- Not be currently enrolled in a Walden University program.
- Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Not be employed by Laureate Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
- Meet all admission requirements with the university in receipt of all of the applicant's official documentation and be fully admitted into one of the Riley College of Education and Leadership's aforementioned programs.
Scholarship Criteria and Application Process
- Call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 to receive an official scholarship application form.
- Submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words describing:
- Your past or current NEA leadership positions held at the local, state, or national level.
- Your key activities and outcomes associated with the position.
- The impact your association leadership activities have had on public education.
- The actions you have taken to improve student success and/or outcomes at your school.
- The link between your goals and activities and your program of study. (For example: How will your Walden degree help you achieve your goals to improve public education?)
- Submit one letter of recommendation that specifically addresses your NEA local, state, or national association leadership; employment at a School Improvement Grant (SIG)-funded school; or contribution towards achieving excellence in public school education.
- Submit a current copy of their resume or CV.
- Email the completed nomination form, essay, resume, and letter of recommendation to NEAscholarship@waldenu.edu.
Deadline and Start Dates
- Scholarship application deadline is March 18th and July 15th, 2013.
- Scholarship winners must enroll and start classes within 2 start dates of being awarded the scholarship or scholarship will be forfeited.
*Only one tuition-reduction benefit may be applied to tuition. If a scholarship is awarded, the NEA member is not eligible for the additional 10% member tuition-reduction benefit.
†A 10% tuition reduction is available to new students. Some restrictions apply.